Return to Play Guidelines
ALBERTA RE-OPENING STAGE 2 (as of October 16, 2020):
Due to updated information from Alberta Health Services, Football Alberta has amended our Return To Play Guidelines.
Updated October 16th Football Re-Opening Guidelines
October 16th Update
- The maximum number of individuals that can form a cohort is 50.
- The 50-person maximum includes any coaches/staff, instructors, participants, officials, and volunteers who consistently and routinely engage with participants at a distance of less than 2 metres.
- For Football only: to ensure play is not prohibited, two teams are allowed to cohort together under this guidance.
- Cohorts (a football team) must ensure there is a 14 day period between completion of play with another cohort before they play against a new cohort.
October 5th Update
- Mini cohorts are permitted to travel outside of their Health Region for the purpose of competition. Previous guidelines stated you had to stay in your own Health Region.
- If a player or coach tests positive, Alberta Health Services will be in charge of how to handle the cohort and will only request information about the attendee’s participation if they deem a potential exposure is likely to have occurred during your activity.
- AHS investigators will determine if there are close contacts that should be made aware/notified based on the period of infectivity and the organization’s compliance with public health guidance.
September 17th Update
- Individuals should limit the number of cohorts they are involved in. (The previous guidelines stated individuals should only belong to one sport cohort).
August 13th Update
We have a positive update to our Phase 2 Return to Play Guidelines in regards to our Officials. “If” the Officials choose they do not have to be counted with the cohort numbers.
- If Officials maintain physical distance of 2 metres from the cohort participants, they can remain outside of the cohort numbers.
- Officials must follow the Guidelines outlined in Appendix F (Page 15) of the Football Alberta Phase 2 Update.
- This will allow officials to referee different games and multiple games in a day.
- Officials can still choose to be part of the cohort and not follow the distancing rules but must be counted in the 50 participant max.
All members must follow the Return to Play Guidelines and submit the required paperwork to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure you are properly sanctioned and insured by Football Alberta.
August 5th Update
Stage 2 teams may register and commence regular activities with the following restrictions:
- They must have no more than 50 people involved in team activities. This group of people will be known as the “team/cohort” and include all possible members of the team such as players, coaches, trainers, equipment managers, general managers, etc. Larger organizations that may have registration numbers and coaching/support staff exceeding 50 people must divide into two (or more) groups during this stage.
- No competitions or other interactions with other cohorts will be permitted during this Stage. This does not include groups choosing to cohort in mini-groups of 15 or 25.
- No member of your team/cohort may be a part of any other sport cohort during this stage. This includes summer sports camps who do not adhere to the 6’ Social Distancing Rules. Should teams/cohorts wish to have their players involved in such camps, they will have to wait until the conclusion of those camps/cohorts plus 14 days.
- If an individual wishes to change cohorts, they should not participate in a new sports or recreation cohort activity for 14 days
- Players can choose to participate in a Skill Development Camp that is not cohorting and following the 6’ social distancing rule.
- Teams looking for competition at this Stage may enter into mini cohorts that will allow competition.
- Tackle teams may issue equipment to the players in this Stage (see below for details).
RETURN TO PLAY FAQ'S
APPENDIX A: INFORMED CONSENT FORM
APPENDIX B: DECLARATION OF COMPLIANCE
APPENDIX C: CONTACT TRACING LOG
APPENDIX D: SCREENING CHECKLIST
APPENDIX E: ASAA SEASONS OF PLAY FOR FOOTBALL
APPENDIX F: OFFICIALS RETURN TO PLAY
HOW TO RENEW MEMBERSHIP & INSURANCE