2022 Team Alberta & Bantam Showcase Information
Location: Great Chief Park, Setters Place in Red Deer
Team Alberta U16 & Bantam Showcase Selection Camps are being held starting in April. This spring and summer Football Alberta is planning to participate in the Bantam Showcase on May Long Weekend in Red Deer and the Football Canada U16 Western the Challenge in Langley, BC in July. Depending on your age and what age category you played in 2021, you may be eligible to participate in both or just one, see the age eligibility requirements.
Registration is now open for the Selection Camps. In order to register, Nominations Letters must come from your Coaches. If your Coach has not received the Nomination Letter please have them contact the Football Alberta office.
Bantam Showcase: Any Bantam aged player during the 2021 season and 2007 born Grade 10’s.
Team Alberta U16: Players born in 2007 or 2008, no exceptions. Bantam or High School is not a determining factor.
2022 Bantam Showcase
Team Format - 4 Regions (6 teams)
- SOUTH - Zone 1 creating one team with the same previous boundaries (link to map below).
- CALGARY METRO - Zone 2/3 selecting 2 teams.
- CENTRAL - Zone 4 creating one team with the same previous boundaries (link to map below).
- EDMONTON NORTH - Zone 5/6/7/8 selecting 2 teams.
What Zone Do You Play In? - List of Communities in Each Zone
Team Alberta U16
Final Selection Camp
- Following the Bantam Showcase the Team Alberta Coaching Staff will invite the top players to the final Selection Camp. Estimated 40-60 players.
- June 10-12 in Red Deer.
- Players will be on their own for transportation, accommodations and meals.
- No additional costs for the Final Selection Camp.
Football Canada U16 Western Challenge
- Top 40 U16 players will be selected to Team Alberta.
- Football Canada U16 Western Challenge Langley, B.C. - July 1-7, 2022.
- 6 practices and 2 games.
- Team Registration includes transportation, accommodations, meals, apparel and all team expenses.
- Awaiting final cost from Football Canada, estimated cost $1250 - $1,600 per player.
Football Alberta Updated Vaccination Policy
The Football Alberta Board of Directors approved the following motion on February 14, 2022: “That Football Alberta remove all proof of vaccination requirements going forward for all of their programs with the proviso that should municipalities, host facilities, airlines, or national bodies reinstate or continue to require proof of vaccination Football Alberta will follow said guidelines and the participant will not be allowed to participate. Anyone prevented from continuing participation in Football Alberta programs by outside agencies requiring proof of vaccination would receive a full refund of fees paid.”
Currently Football Canada DOES REQUIRE all players to have an entire course of COVID-19 vaccination as recognized by the Government of Canada. This policy is in affect until August 15, 2022 and includes the U18 Canada Cup, U18 Girls National Championship and the U16 Western Challenge. Players can tryout in April and May but will not be selected to Team Alberta. The Bantam Showcase and Senior Bowl currently does not have any vaccination requirements.
2021 Team Alberta U16 - Roster
2019 Team Alberta U16 - Roster
2019 Junior Bowl Video - Watch here JUNIOR BOWL
2018 Team Alberta U16 - Roster
2017 Team Alberta U16 - Roster
Bantam/Junior Bowl History